Tommy Cascone is a defenseman for the University of Delaware Men’s Division I Ice Hockey team. He hails from Cortlandt Manor, New York, which to most people is considered “upstate” (It’s not). He is a proud New York Rangers fan and his hidden talents include juggling and being a decent dancer.
Influenced by his Dad, Tommy started playing hockey at the age of six. He now finishes his hockey career playing all four years of college and will be graduating with a degree in Operations Management come May. Tommy shared that when picking schools, he was between the University of Maryland and UD, but he ended up choosing Delaware because of “It’s good size and it not being too far from home.”
This defenseman finishes his Blue Hen hockey career with a total of 14 points. When asked what his favorite hockey memory was, he quickly shared that it was this season’s shootout against NYU where he scored the game winning goal. Shortly after he added, “Or sweeping Stony Brook at home. That was awesome.” There is no shortage of great UD Hockey memories for Tommy, but he admits that he will miss “the boys” the most after this chapter of his hockey career ends. His final words of advice for the team he’s leaving behind is, “#1. Always identify. #2. Feed up the ice. #3. There’s always time for a little fun.”
- Kate’s or Grottos? Kate’s.
- Regular wings or boneless? Boneless.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? Flying.
- Most embarrassing moment ever? “I asked my professor if something was due today or tomorrow and she flamed me in front of the whole class.”
- If you could choose one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be? Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Dua Lipa.
- Dream vacation spot? Australia.
- What’s the best prank you ever played? “I stole something from Ponti and replaced it with something else and he didn’t know for a year.”
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? El Diablo Quesadillas.
- Favorite meal of the day? Dinner.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress up.
- Who is your role model? Devin Jenny.
- If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? “Tom Cruise.. Height is about right.”
- Best pickup line? “How much does a Polar Bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.”
- Is it “Pork Roll” or “Taylor Ham?” “I don’t know. Neither.”
- If you could eat dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be? Wayne Gretzky, Steve Carell, and Matthew McConaughey.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess? Elsa.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? “Toon Teal.”
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Everyday.”
- Ready to graduate or not? “Never.”