Michael Patterson played defense for the Blue Hens all four years of college. He hails from White Plains, New York, which when asked what it’s best known for replied, “I mean – I’m from there.” Michael has been playing hockey since the age of five and added that he picked the sport up because his Dad used to play.
Studying for a degree in Political Science, he enjoys watching the Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Giants in his free time. He also shared his hidden talent of being able to drink a beer faster than the average human being.
Michael recalled visiting Delaware as a high school senior and knowing that it felt right, which made his decision an easy one. He reminisced on his favorite hockey memory from the same year, when his high school team made it to the second round of the playoffs. Adding, “It was the best three games of hockey my senior class ever played.” In his hockey career with the Blue Hens, he played in 53 games and totaled 6 points. Like many others, what he will miss most about UD Hockey is “the boys.” His final words of advice for the younger players on the team is, “Rookies – stay in school. Make sure you focus on hockey but have some fun before the games. And it’s always a great day to be a Blue Hen.”
- Kate’s or Grottos? Kate’s.
- Regular wings or boneless? Boneless.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? Invisibility.
- Most embarrassing moment ever? “Saint Patrick’s Day my sophomore year… I’ll leave it at that.”
- If you could choose one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be? What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
- Dream vacation spot? Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- What’s the best prank you ever played? “Tee-peeing my roommate’s car.”
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? Thursday’s at Kate’s.
- Favorite meal of the day? Breakfast.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress down.
- Who is your role model? Greg Jandoli.
- If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? Channing Tatum.
- Best pickup line? “Hey, my name’s Mike.”
- Is it “Pork Roll” or “Taylor Ham?” “It’s bacon.”
- If you could eat dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be? George Washington, Mila Kunis and Jesus Christ.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess? Rapunzel.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? “Tickle Me Pink.”
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Always.”
- Ready to graduate or not? “Probably not. I’d like to stay.”