Jakob DeFares hails from Morristown, New Jersey and played defense for the Blue Hens all four years. On skates since he was a young boy, his Dad was the one who initially took him skating. From there, he picked up hockey.
Traveling to tournaments when I was younger.
Jakob is currently studying for a dual degree in Organizational Behavior and Community Leadership with an International Business Minor. Being from New Jersey, he chose UD because it’s only two hours away from home. He saw the college for himself and admired how it was a big school that still had its own campus. He also found comfort in knowing people that went here, and knew that they really liked it. In his free time off from school and hockey, you might catch this “roller coaster enthusiast” at Six Flags or watching the New York Jets play.
As he reflected on the last four years, Jakob shared that he will miss “the boys” the most as his time with the UD Hockey program comes to a close. Over 91 career games with the Blue Hens, Jakob totaled 76 career points, an impressive achievement for a defenseman. This season alone, he put up his best stats scoring 14 goals and earning 23 assists. A well-rounded hockey player, Jakob’s presence in the lineup will surely be missed. One of the more straightforward seniors, he leaves the team and young players with this piece of final advice, “go to class.”
- Kate’s or Grottos? Kate’s.
- Regular wings or boneless? Regular.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? To teleport.
- Most embarrassing moment ever? “Crying on New Year’s because the girl I liked didn’t like me back.”
- If you could choose one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be? Bed Rock by Young Money.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Zendaya.
- Dream vacation spot? Barcelona.
- What’s the best prank you ever played? “I’m not a prankster – and I am unprankable.”
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? Devin.
- Favorite meal of the day? Late night snack.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress down.
- Who is your role model? Bart Scott.
- If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? Will Smith.
- Best pickup line? “Is this the Hogwarts Express? Because it feels like you and I are headed somewhere magical.”
- Is it “Pork Roll” or “Taylor Ham?” Taylor Ham.
- If you could eat dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be? Barack Obama, A$AP Rocky and Jay-Z.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess? Moana, Mulan or Pocahontas.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? “Cinnamon Toast Crunch Brown.”
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Always, baby.”
- Ready to graduate or not? “Kinda.”