Greg Jandoli is from Sparta, New Jersey and has been playing hockey since he was 9 years old. His grandfather loved the game, so he shares that he learned the sport from him. Greg played forward for the Blue Hens all four years and will graduate with a Biological Sciences degree this May.
An avid New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils fan, Greg came to UD for the well-respected hockey program. As well as having a great academic reputation, he knew kids from his area who had already gone to school here. Four years later, this is the place Greg is proud to call home. Reminiscing on his younger days, he shares his favorite hockey memory, “I think it was when I was going to the rink at 6 am when I was a little kid. When you sleep in the car and it’s dark and cold out.”
With this chapter ending, Greg finishes his UD Hockey career playing in a total of 95 games and totaling 28 points. The team will miss his big personality and the energy that he brings to games and practices. When reflecting upon what he will miss most about UD hockey he said, “The relationships I’ve created with my teammates and the friendships that I’ve made. Playing alongside all of them and competing at the level we do has been more than what I could’ve imagined.” One of the more profound advice-givers, he leaves the future team with these words, “Always play with complete confidence and play every shift as if it could be your last. Eventually, it will be.”
- Kate’s or Grottos? Kate’s.
- Regular wings or boneless? Both.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? To read minds.
- Most embarrassing moment ever? “Breaking my wrist junior year.”
- If you could choose one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be? Rock Star by Nickelback.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Angelina Jolie.
- Dream vacation spot? “Those little huts on the water in Fiji.”
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever played? “I egged a house in high school.”
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? Social media.
- Favorite meal of the day? Brunch.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress up.
- Who is your role model? My grandpa.
- If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? Me.
- Best pickup line? “Come here often?”
- Is it “Pork Roll” or “Taylor Ham?” Taylor Ham.
- If you could eat dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be? Brad Pitt, Pamela Anderson and John Hancock.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess? Belle.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? “A gold crayon named Pony Boy.”
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Always.”
- Ready to graduate or not? “Nope.”