Devin Jenny is a proud New York Islanders fan from Hauppauge, NY. A forward on the team for all four years, Devin has played a huge role for the Blue Hen’s efforts on and off the ice, as he has been the team’s UDance chair for the past two years. Raising the most money out of any UD Club Sports last year, Devin contributes greatly to the fundraising efforts and has helped in involving the team’s B+ hero, Christian, in home games and activities.
Devin found hockey when he was four years old through the love he shared with his father watching the New York Islanders play. An accounting major by day, his hobbies include balancing balance sheets. When choosing colleges, Devin said he “Was looking for a school with a reputable academic program and an opportunity to play good, competitive hockey.” Four years later, UD seemed to be the perfect fit.
Devin has totaled 35 points in his collegiate hockey career and just had his best season yet, scoring 7 goals and getting 9 assists this year. He has loved his time here with the team, but his favorite hockey memory was winning the State Championships his senior year of high school. When reminiscing on what he’ll miss most about UD Hockey he said, “The friendships that were made.” His final words of advice for the team and young players is, “It flies by. Make sure you enjoy every second, it’s over before you know it.”
- Kate’s or Grottos? Kate’s.
- Regular wings or boneless? Boneless.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? To read minds.
- Most embarrassing moment ever? “An away-team’s announcer called me Dave Jenny freshman year and that’s been my name ever since.”
- If you could choose one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be? Panda by Designer.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Mat Barzal.
- Dream vacation spot? Italy.
- What’s the best prank you ever played? “Leaner on Coach’s door.”
- What’s one thing you can’t live without? Frank’s Hot Sauce.
- Favorite meal of the day? Dinner.
- Dress up or dress down? Dress up.
- Who is your role model? My Dad.
- If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? Chris Hemsworth.
- Best pickup line? “Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda only one for me.”
- Is it “Pork Roll” or “Taylor Ham?” “Neither.”
- If you could eat dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be? David Wright, Mat Barzal, and Jordan Belfort.”
- Who is your favorite Disney princess? Elsa.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? “Jets Green.”
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Always.”
- Ready to graduate or not? “Definitely not.”