Chris Volonnino was a dominant offensive player with great vision and scoring touch. “Vols” physically dominated many games throughout his career and was a huge contributor to the 2011-12 National Championship team, where he notched three goals and 2 assists in the tournament including tallies in the opening win versus #14 Davenport, the double-overtime triumph over #6 Ohio, and the Championship sealing victory over #13 Oakland.
Vols was a leader for UD Hockey between 2010 and 2014, producing more than a point per game in two of his four seasons as a Blue Hen. As one of the most skilled hockey players to come through the UD Hockey program, Chris was a force to be reckoned with and his contributions on the ice and in the locker room were critical in making UD a perennial ACHA contender during his career.
|Years Played:||2010-2014 (4 years)|
- Helped team reach National Tournament in all four seasons as a Blue Hen
- Led team in PIM and 3rd in goals (18) as a Freshman in 2010-11
- One of three players to average at least 1 point per game as a Sophomore in the 2011-12 National Championship season (11 G, 14 A in 25 games)
- Led team in goals (29), 2nd in total points (58), and 3rd in assists (29) as a Junior in 2012
- 2nd on team in assists (28) and 3rd in scoring (35) as Senior in 2011-12
- 3rd on team in assists (22) and points (33) as a Senior in 2013-14
Total: 116 games played, 68 goals, 74 assists, 142 points (1.22 points per game)