Inspired by his dad’s love of hockey, and New York Ranger, Mike Richter, the Hens’ goalie, Dylan Troiano, is known for his incredible skill in the net. Dubbed the “Great Wall of Troiano” by a fan on Twitter, Dylan has a .919% save average this season, and has made 339 saves so far.
From Dayton, New Jersey, he has been playing hockey for about sixteen years. He went to his first Rangers game at a young age, and fell in love with the sport ever since. Before coming to Delaware, Dylan played juniors for two years in both Vermont and Rhode Island. He chose to come here because he “knew a couple guys on the team, visited and fell in love with the place right away. Hockey had a big impact. It’s a fun school with a good hockey team.” His best memory from hockey happened during his years here. He recalls the Nationals game that was held here as an “unbelievable atmosphere,” and something that he will never forget. During his time here with the Hens, the team has developed some rivalries. In his opinion, the team’s biggest rival is Stony Brook. “We go back a while with them, and we always had close battles with them.”
Being one of four seniors on the team, and one of three goalies, Dylan plays a special role. While he serves as a role model to all of the guys, the two younger goalies have a great mentor to look up to. He feels that his role as a senior is to, “be a leader, and lead by example both on and off the ice.” With so many great memories made, and graduation approaching in May, Dylan wants to leave the team thanking them for the best four years of his life.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs.
- Guilty pleasure song? Spanish music, to feel more at home.
- Kate’s or Grottos? Tim’s.
- If you could eat dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would they be? Drake, Bill Clinton, and Henrik Lundqvist.
- If you could choose to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be? Wagon Wheel.
- If your life were made into a movie, who would play you? Kianu Reeves.
- You’re a new Crayola crayon color, what’s your name? New York Blue.
- What is the best prank you ever played? “Back in juniors, we would take a garbage can, fill it with water and lean it on our teammates’ doors. When they opened it, it would spill everywhere.”
- Who’s your favorite Disney princess? Snow White.
- Early bird or night owl? Night owl.
- If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? “Something a little more fun, Salvatore or Santino something like that.”
- What’s one thing that you can’t live without? “My phone, sadly.”
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Extreme strength.
- What’s your best pickup line? “You’re the perfect combination of sexy and cute.” from Crazy, Stupid, Love.
- Fallon or Kimmel? Fallon.
- Dream vacation spot? Ibiza.
- Most embarrassing moment? “Somebody whacked me, and I was going after them, and I just tripped right before I got to him.”
- Any hidden talents? Not really.
- Is it a great day to be a Blue Hen? “Of course, always.”
- Ready to graduate or no? “No, absolutely not.”
Written By: Analisa Vizzoni